Case in Point: Complete Case Interview Preparation, Mark Cosentino, 7th Ed. - Recommend reading/flip through before start of school/recruiting
Several 2nd Years may be glad to hand-off Case in Point, so ask around before purchasing it.
Case Interview Secrets, Victor Cheng - Another good flip through book (or just browse his website: https://www.caseinterview.com/)
Old KCC Box folder - includes several prep files and resources (most of which are also available on this site) - Link
Victor Cheng's Online Resources - Videos*, Frameworks, and Strategy: https://www.caseinterview.com/
*There is also a recorded case workshop available on YouTube (12 parts)
Interview Stream: http://kellogg.northwestern.interviewstream.com/
Additionally, each of the major firms typically has ~2 practice cases available online.
Rocketblocks - Math, chart clearing, structuring, and brainstorming drills
Victor Cheng’s Math Website - Particularly useful (aim to get in the top 20%)
Management Consulting Prep Math - Use the free short practice questions
Public Math Prep Course ($20 with coupon code: Kellogg)
BizMath: App for Phones/Tablets - Good for when you have a few minutes
Consulting Firm Profiles (2017): Link. Please note that these profiles and the below information are not exhaustive.
Consultancies with an international footprint, often focused on strategy projects with the highest management levels of a client organization.
• A.T. Kearney http://www.atkearney.com
• Bain & Co http://www.bain.com
• Boston Consulting Group (BCG) http://www.bcg.com
• EY-Parthenon https://www.ey.com/en_us/strategy
• LEK Consulting http://www.lek.com
• Oliver Wyman http://www.oliverwyman.com
• McKinsey & Co http://www.mckinsey.com
• Strategy& http://www.strategyand.pwc.com
These are service providers that traditionally have a heavy presence in the tax advisory and auditing industry. However, over the last decade these companies have grown or acquired consulting expertise to offer a wide range of professional services to their existing tax/audit clients.
• Deloitte http://www.deloitte.com
• EY http://www.ey.com
• KPMG http://www.kpmg.com
• PwC http://www.pwc.com
These companies often offer a number of different services related to IT. The services offered range from IT strategy to outsourcing, project implementation and IT solution consulting.
• Accenture http://www.accenture.com
• AtoS Consulting http://atos.net/en-us/home.html
• Capgemini http://www.capgemini.com
• CSC http://www.csc.com
• Deloitte http://www.deloitte.com
• HCL http://www.hcltech.com
• IBM GBS http://www-935.ibm.com/services/us/gbs/consulting/
• Infosys http://www.infosys.com
• Platinion http://www.platinion.de/en
• SAP Consulting http://www.sap.com
• Slalom Consulting (US only) http://www.slalom.com/
• Tata Consulting http://www.tcs.com/offerings/consulting/Pages/default.aspx
• NERA Economic Consulting - Focuses on consulting work for government authorities and large law firms/companies in the area of strategy, research studies, policy recommendations http://www.nera.com
• Cornerstone Research - Economic and financial consulting https://www.cornerstone.com/
• Analysis Group - Economic, financial and strategy consulting http://www.analysisgroup.com/
• Schlumberger Business Consulting - An expert consultancy in the energy sector focusing on the exploration and production area in Oil & Gas but also other areas like supply chain management or strategy http://www.sbc.slb.com
• Mercer - Specializes in HR topics, talent management, health, retirement and investments http://www.mercer.us
• ZS Associates - Focused on Sales & Marketing in Pharmaceuticals http://www.zsassociates.com
• Hay Group - Specialists in talent management, organizational development and job evaluation http://www.haygroup.com
• Capco - Specialized consultancy for business and technology consulting in the financial industry http://www.capco.com/
Smaller consulting firms, often with a specific industry or functional expertise.
• Simon-Kucher & Partner - Marketing and Pricing Consulting http://www.simon-kucher.com/en-us
• Kurt Salmon - Retail Industry/Finance http://www.kurtsalmon.com
• Solon Strategy - Media/Telecommunication (Europe only) http://www.solonstrategy.com
• Stern Stewart & Co - Strategy Boutique with social impact arm http://www.sternstewart.com/
• The Cambridge Group (Chicago-based) http://www.thecambridgegroup.com/