Registration is now closed (this event already took place).
April 22-23, 2017
Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club
Durham, North Carolina
Details and Registration Information Below
• Any current MBA student (full-time, part-time, weekend, executive, etc.)
• 2-day golf tournament (18 holes per day)
• Form your own 2-person teams. Teams can be formed from the same or different schools.
• Format: one-day best ball, one-day scramble. All skill levels welcome. Tournament will be handicapped.
• Friday, April 21 – Out of town players arrive, with optional social activities (bar happy hours, etc.) in Durham.
• Saturday, April 22 – 18 holes of golf with tee times ranging from 12:30 – 2:30 p.m. EST. In the evening, enjoy the Durham weather with drinks out followed by a night at world famous Shooters.
• Sunday, April 23 – Wake up early for 18 holes of golf starting at 8:30 a.m. EST (shotgun start) followed by an awards ceremony.
• Durham, North Carolina (average high temperature of 72 degrees in late April)
• Golf will be held at the Duke University Course (site of ’01 NCAA Championship)
• Each player must register individually on EventBrite using the password “6thAnnual”. Registration closes on Friday, April 7 at 6 p.m. (Registration Link)
• The $232/person entry fee can be paid at time of registration on the EventBrite web site.
For $232/person, you will get:
• 2 rounds of golf at the Duke University Golf Club
• Cart (w/ GPS system) for both rounds
• Range balls before each round
• Welcome gift
• Prizes (top teams, raffle giveaways, closest to the pin, longest drive, etc.)
• Hole-in-one contest with a $10,000 cash prize
• Lunch at the awards/farewell banquet on Sunday
Where to Stay:
• The recommended options below are within a few minutes of the golf course, but there are plenty of others, including possibilities on Airbnb. It is a busy weekend in and around the University, so be sure to look soon after registering.
3800 Hillsborough Rd, Durham, NC 27705 (919) 383-8033
2306 Elba St, Durham, NC 27705 (919) 286-3111
J.B. Duke Hotel (a 2-minute walk from golf course)
230 Science Drive, Durham, NC 27708 (919) 660-6400
Washington Duke Inn (at golf course)
3001 Cameron Boulevard Durham, NC 27705 (919) 490-0999
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
How big will this event be?
The past five years have been huge successes! Last year, we had 100+ players representing a number of schools, including Fuqua, Wharton, Stern, Kellogg, Booth, Kenan-Flagler, Tuck, and Columbia. This is not an exclusive event – please pass along the invitation to anyone at other schools who you think might be interested. Due to space on the course, the field will be capped at 108 players (54 teams); be sure to register early. (We had a waiting list last year.)
Do I have to be a great golfer to play?
No – all skill levels are welcome. The event will be handicapped and the format (best ball and scramble) should alleviate some of the pressure associated with playing your own ball. The main goal of the event is to have fun and meet some fellow MBA golfers from around the country.
How will you measure yourself with other golfers?
By height. Actually, the champions will have the lowest combined score over 36 holes (2-person best ball + 2-person scramble). There will be champions of the gross competition (no handicap) as well as the net competition (including handicap).
I don’t want to fly with my clubs; can I rent from the course?
Yes, the Washington Duke Golf Club offers great rental options. Cost will be $35/bag per day.
Is there a women’s division?
We would love to create a women’s division! We have had a number of female players in the past. Depending on the level of interest, we may create a separate women’s competition.
I’m flying in from the frozen north and want to play more than 36 holes of golf; will this be possible?
Yes, the organized rounds will be Saturday (midday) and Sunday (AM). You could play Friday assuming an early arrival, Saturday before the organized round, or Sunday assuming a late departure. We will be happy to provide course recommendations if you’re interested.
Which airport should I fly into?
Raleigh/Durham (RDU). It’s usually very pain free – new terminals, short lines, etc.
What is the earliest time you suggest we fly out?
A 4 p.m. departure time should give you enough time to make your putt on 18, grab some lunch for the road, and make it to the gate with a few minutes to spare.
What if my Question is not Frequently Asked?
Reach out to Tournament Coordinators Parker Gill (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Lou Scerra (email@example.com) with additional questions.
Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club
3001 Cameron Blvd, Durham, NC 27005, United States